Wednesday, November 23, 2011

OH NO! ONLY ONE SHOPPING DAY LEFT!*

*Until tomorrow. ;)

Hi friends! If you’re like me, Christmas is often a time of agonizing over what to give to your friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers.  Well, I won’t be doing much of that this year. I’ve determined that my gifts are going to make a difference. I’ve found the perfect place to shop for Christmas!

It’s a place called Lamplighter.net.  What is Lamplighter.net?

Well, it’s a publishing company that is the home of a radio drama called “Sir Knight of the SplendidWay,” a newly released radio drama that has been likened to Pilgrim’s Progress. It’s so popular that it’s already out of stock!  But never fear! Digital downloads save the day! Or, of course, you can always wait for it to be restocked, which should be happening soon!

Lamplighter also recently published a book called A Lost Pearle, which I had the privilege of proofreading right before it was released! (I suppose that means if you find any errors in the book, you can blame them on me!)

This story wastes no time getting started! From the first chapter, you'll be drawn into the story of Pearle, the beautiful bride who walks down the aisle with horror in her eyes. And just when it couldn't get any worse, her sudden disappearance wreaks havoc with both foe and friend as she is relentlessly pursued. As the twists and turns of this complex plot develop, you'll find yourself questioning not only Pearle's decision, but also her steadfast fortitude and determination. What would you do if you found yourself in her position? Deceived and helpless, Pearle has but one choice--to live out her days in loneliness and seclusion as she hides from the terror she unwittingly brought upon herself.”


Another of my favorites is The Hidden Hand.  This intriguing story will draw you in and keep you there. I read this as a young teen, and to this day it remains one of my all-time favorites.

The family collection offered at a tremendous discount includes five radio dramas and two books, all of which I can personally tell you are fantastic. 

After listening to one of these dramas, “The Hedge of Thorns,” I was moved almost to tears by the striking symbolism. I realized that God had placed a hedge of thorns in my own life, and I was fighting against it with everything in me.

For the adventure lovers, I would wholeheartedly recommend “Charlie’s Choice” and “The Robbers’Cave.” With plot twists no one could anticipate, both of these are sure to keep you on the edge of your seat until the end!

I’ll end with another favorite: Teddy’s Button. My mother read this story to me as a child, and to hear it brought to life as a radio drama was powerful beyond words. I listened to a pre-production version without any of the sound effects or music, and it was already incredible. But when I heard just a small clip of the final version with music by world-class composer John Campbell and sound effects and editing by a talented team of professional sound designers, I was totally blown away. Especially if you have young children, this audio drama AND book are essential!  One mother told Lamplighter that her daughter was saved after listening to the Teddy's Button audio drama!  How's THAT for a Christmas gift?

So don’t wait! Please, go to Lamplighter.com, use promotional code “GUILD05,” and do your Christmas shopping where it counts. Why? Because:
1.     You will be supporting a one-of-a-kind Christian company that is committed to teaching Biblical morals through magnificent stories.
2.     You will be helping me financially as I continue my training with Lamplighter’s outstanding team of writers. (Don't forget the code!: GUILD05)
3.     You will be giving a gift that can literally change a life. These dramas are entertaining, but they aren’t just entertainment. They hold power for life change.
4.     Defy the Darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment