Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jumpstarting June! "I Have a Question . . ."



Hello!  Happy June, everyone!  I trust you all are enjoying the fine weather. (By "fine," I could mean "Ah, the weather is fine!" or, "FINE! Be rainy and nasty, see if I care!" . . . It all depends on where you live.) ;)

Anyway, I have an exciting new addition to announce for my blog!

I think we could really have some fun with an "Ask Joy" column! (You know . . . kinda like "Ask Abby," except--better!) So starting right now, ask me any of your questions about life, love, God, the Bible, your family issues, relationship questions, your car problems (okay, maybe I won't be helpful there...go ask Click and Clack!), or any of the topics you've seen on my blog, and I will give you my take on the matter!

I might not be an "expert," per se, but I do have a lot of Bible knowledge that helps me understand God's perspective on our lives. I also have nearly twenty years of experience in interpersonal relationships! (Well, I'm a person, and I live with people, hence . . .) ;)  If you happen to stump me with your question, I also have connections with some really smart people who can help me out. I promise I won't just fudge it if I don't know the answer. AND, even if you don't like my response, you're not obligated to follow my advice, you won't hurt my feelings if you disagree, and I promise not to say "I told you so!"  . . . at least, not in as many words. ;)

No question is too "silly" or insignificant . So what are you waiting for--"Ask Joy!"

You can "Ask Joy" anonymously at http://formspring.me/AskJoy17

As the old adage goes, there's more than one way to remove the epidermis from a feline! (Though I certainly hope you won't be skinning any cats!) You can leave your questions as comments on this post (where you also have the option of anonymity). Also, if you're the Facebook type, "Like" this page using the button on the left, and leave your question as a "wall post." If you are a textaholic and can only communicate in 160 characters or less, then @ThoughtofJoy17 on Twitter is the way to go. Regardless of how you submit your question, be sure to mention that it's a question for the "Ask Joy17" column!

I most likely won't be able to include every question I receive in a blog post, but I will do my best to use as many as possible. However, if you give me an email address or other electronic contact method, I will send you a reply even if I don't decide to use your question!  How cool is that?

The questions I decide to use will be featured, along with my mind-blowingly brilliant answers, in a post at least once a month.  The more questions I get, the more often I'll write! :)

I really, REALLY want to start answering your questions! Ask Joy now! :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea! I look forward to reading your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to remind you about the writing contest (http://mypapermates.wordpress.com/2011/05/19/announcing-the-first-paper-mates-hosted-writing-contest/). I'd really love for you to enter.

    I'm not sure if I announced this, but previously written stories are fully acceptable. Actually, all the entries we've received so far were written before the contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your criteria in watching movies?

    What do you look for in books and movies before recommending them?

    Why do you like the book The Hidden Hand?

    ReplyDelete