These insanely awesome, accurate, and proven tips are brought to you by:
LaJoie Ward, a recent grad of "Yale by the Jail" (aka Broome Community College) with an A.S. and a 4.0 GPA
James Lex, a 4.0 GPA student with a knack for conquering exams using only a pencil and 5 granola bars.
Part 1: Tips 1-25 are dedicated to those grads who will soon be headed off to college.
- Five energy drinks in a row = Bad Idea.
- Professors will let you out early, especially when you pay attention.
- Don't friend professors on Facebook!
- Everyone is an expert at their own opinion—professors are DEFINITELY not an exception.
- Don’t cut corners.
- Don’t cut class.
- Don’t cut up in class.
- Unless you have very thick skin, avoid professors with a degree in sarcasm.
- If the professor is a Yankees fan, consider your Red Sox hat a threat to your grade.
- Following directions does wonders for your GPA.
- Your professor is sneakier than you are; she WILL use a ruler and MEASURE the margins
- “My dog ate my homework” STILL doesn’t work.
- Don’t expect to get an email back the same day; believe it or not, professors have mountains of homework too.
- If you have reservations about taking the course, go to the first class and talk to the professor. If you’re still uncomfortable, you can always drop the course.
- Don't sit next to the hot person in class; an “A” in attraction is usually accompanied by a “C” in class.
- What's black and white and red all over? The essay you wrote at 2 AM the night before class.
- Find a way to organize all of your assignments IN ONE PLACE.
- Get in the habit of making it to bed by midnight.
- Color coding folders and notebooks makes life easy and fun.
- Sit in the front row.
- Don’t text in class.
- Don’t make your teachers look dumb, especially if they are.
- Don’t sleep during history class, or you can consider your grade history.
- Double-check the directions and double-proofread the assignment before turning it in. You WILL catch mistackes!
- Working full-time, going to school full-time, playing basketball, and running for student body government will make you rich, smart, athletic, influential, and dead. Mostly the latter. XP ;)
Part 2: Coming soon!!!
If you have more tips, please leave us a comment!! :)