Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Lamplighter Guild - The Chance of a Lifetime!


Hi Everyone!

I've been given the exciting opportunity to attend the Lamplighter Guild for Creative Disciplines!

Now, you may be thinking, "What's a guild?" Well, in this case, it is:

"A spectacular week . . . planned for forward-thinking adults and young adults (minimum age 16) who seek to engage in highly creative and strategic training in the dramatic arts, visual arts, and entrepreneurial strategies. Students will be inspired by visionary leaders who believe it is crucial to develop godly life principles while cultivating excellence in their craft.

Enjoy one-on-one sessions with masters in the dramatic arts, including actors, directors, composers, and engineers in such riveting dramas as The Chronicles of Narnia, Les Miserables, Left Behind, and episodes from Adventures in Odyssey, Radio Theatre, and Lamplighter Theatre. This week promises to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

Although my career goal lies in education, I also have a passion for the dramatic arts. The Guild opportunity will enable me to sharpen my acting skills, as well as potentially opening doors for me to pursue voice acting positions with radio theater operations such as Lamplighter Theatre.

A description of the Guild's purpose states:

"Our goal is to provide students with a life-transforming week, which will inspire them to attain the skills needed to become diligent craftsmen, reaching the highest level of excellence in their work and life. We desire to provide a platform where students and masters will share ideas and explore new and strategic ways to be God’s image-bearer in today’s culture."

I've been considering several different leadership training opportunities before I return to school this fall, and this one strikes me as the one that most aligns with my life's purpose. As I've prayed and thought about this decision, I've felt the Lord leading me towards attending the Guild.

I'd like to ask you for your prayers and, if you feel led, your financial support.

To offset the cost of the lodging and tuition, Lamplighter Publishing has given me the opportunity to sell their products at 30% commission. Lamplighter Publishing provides beautiful collectors' books, enthralling audio dramas, and other similar products, all centered around Christ and faith-based living. I have read and listened to many of their products and have found them to be exciting, thought-provoking, and faith-enhancing.

Between now and mid-July, you can purchase Lamplighter products through me, or directly on the website using my code:

GUILD05

Please pass this code on to anyone you know who might be interested in purchasing Lamplighter books or CDs.

I will also be highlighting some of my favorite Lamplighter products on my blog.

Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

~LaJoie~

To purchase Lamplighter books or products, go to: http://www.lamplighterpublishing.com/

You can read more about the Guild at this site: http://lamplighterguild.com/

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting! I am thrilled that God has called you to attend!
    I just prayed that God will provide the money for you, and I'm sure He will in His time. God bless this new venture in His name!

    ReplyDelete